Current W. P. Carey School of Business students may apply to add a concurrent degree within the W. P. Carey School of Business or other colleges within ASU. See below for policies, eligibility, and procedures for completing a concurrent degree application.
Concurrent Degree Eligibility
Current W. P. Carey School of Business students pursuing concurrent degrees must:
- Be in good academic standing, maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- If interested in pursuing a concurrent degree from different colleges (e.g., marketing and Political Science), student must petition each college for approval
- Complete both degree requirements concurrently
- Enroll in courses that are cross-listed between concurrent degree departments under the prefix of the major that the course will be used for
- Follow the policies and procedures of each college
- Complete unique course requirements for each degree program; major requirements in the primary degree program cannot satisfy major requirements in the secondary degree program and vice versa
- Apply and be accepted for a concurrent degree (either in the BS or BA programs) prior to beginning coursework in the concurrent degree.
- The admission portfolio/concurrent degree request is available on a rolling basis.
- W. P. Carey students who are admitted as a concurrent degree or dual concentration major are unable to change their major status unless they submit a new concurrent degree request. Please note that the direct admission criteria only applies towards a single major within W. P. Carey; students are not able to freely change majors within their concurrent degree or dual concentration combinations.
- Students are only allowed a maximum of two denied attempts per Admissions Portfolio and Concurrent Degree Request.
- Current W. P. Carey students must complete the curriculum petition form in order to receive approval to pursue concurrent degrees in separate colleges (e.g., finance and psychology).
- Non-W. P. Carey students who meet direct admission requirement must file a curriculum petition form in order to receive approval to pursue concurrent degrees from different colleges (e.g., psychology and finance).
- Non-W. P. Carey students who do not meet direct admission requirements for business degrees must complete the Admission Portfolio and be admitted prior to filling out the curriculum petition form.
- Students are only allowed a maximum of two (2) application attempts (via concurrent degree application, or dual concentration application).
- Concurrent degree students will receive two separate diplomas upon completion of their degree programs.
- Dual concentration students will receive one diploma with the two concentrations listed upon completion of their degree programs.